Great Ashby Community Council is able to award small grants for community based projects.
In 2018/19 the Community Council has awarded grants to the Great Ashby Toddler Group for mats and a sensory tent (£785) and to North Herts CAB (£462) to run an outreach service in Great Ashby.
Applications are considered at the Community Council meetings held on the second Thursday each month and should be received by the Clerk no later than 10 working days prior to the date of the meeting at which you wish your application to be considered.
Anyone wishing to apply for a Community Grant should email the Community Council Clerk on email@example.com
Guidelines & Criteria
- Grants will normally be given only to individuals and organisations resident in or serving the area within the civil parish boundary. Great Ashby Community Council Grants should represent assistance to projects of local use and need to show a clear benefit to Great Ashby residents.
- Grant applications from organisations will be considered when accompanied by:
1.Outline proposal on how the funds will be spent
2.An ability to show example of the work the organisation has carried out to date
- Grant applications from individuals will be considered providing grants have a wider benefit to the Community
- Only one grant award per year will be made to each applicant.
- The full Community Council will consider all grant applications. Applicants would be requested to attend a Community Council meeting to present their request
- The Council will not normally provide grants for services that should be funded by other statutory authorities and will not award grants for political purposes
- The Council cannot guarantee a grant to any organisation or individual. Each grant application is considered on its individual merits
- The Council will normally expect to distribute grants to a variety of organisations, this may mean smaller amount is awarded than that applied for
- Applications for grants should be applied for the application form and include supporting documentation where required
- The Council would be interested in receiving feedback or information on how the grant has been spent and how it has benefited the community
Community Grant Application